Thursday, March 15, 2012

Pride

My name is Pride. I am a cheater.

I cheat you of your God given destiny......because you demand your own way.

I cheat you of contentment......because you "deserve better than this."

I cheat you of knowledge.......because you already know it all.

I cheat you of healing.....because you are too full of me to forgive.

I cheat you of holiness.....because you refuse to admit when you are wrong.

I cheat you of vision.....because you'd rather look in the mirror than out the window.

I cheat you of genuine friendship......because nobody's going to know the real you.

I cheat you of love.......because real romance demands sacrifice.

I cheat you of greatness in heaven......because you refuse to wash another's feet on earth.

I cheat you of God's glory.......because I convince you to see your own.

My name is Pride. I am a cheater.
You like me because you think I'm always looking out for you. Untrue. I'm looking to make a fool of you. God has so much for you, I admit, but don't worry......If you stick with me, You'll never know.


Written by Beth Moore in Praying God's Word

1 comment: