Friday, March 16, 2012

Warden Mother

I have now realized why mothers eat their young in nature.  Ha!  Being a parent in this technology age is soooo hard.  I find  myself policing laptops, ipods, cellphones, and everything else you can think of.  I almost always find something I don't like when I do my random checks.  I don't always understand their choices but I try to remember that there was no internet when I was their age.  If there had been, I probably would have done some of the same things.  Sometimes I feel more like a warden at a prison than a mom.  I guess my dream is that we will be the Cleavers instead of the Weavers.  My life is soooo far from June Cleaver.  I keep asking friends if they police their children's devices and I'm shocked by how many don't.  I am all for privacy but not at the expense of safety and your reputation.  I think if more parents policed their children's texts, facebook statuses, and tweets they would be surprised.  I just keep telling myself that I am not here to be their friend.  I am your mother first.  Unfortunately, sometimes I have to be dad too.  When he's 3 states away, it's kind of hard for him to lay down the law.  Unfair, yes.  Necessary? Absolutely!  I'm a survivor, I'm not gonna give up..... I wonder if Beyonce will now be singing that song in a whole new light, since she has become a mom.  We are sooo much stronger than anyone gives us credit for.  Go Moms!

1 comment:

  1. Why are you ignoring your blog? I know it takes time. I nominated you for a little award on my blog today. Go check it out!

    ReplyDelete